Solicitor managed online divorce: £240 + VAT + court fees
Our specialist family law solicitors will draft all your divorce documents for you. Email support is offered throughout your divorce.
Our online service is designed to enable you to access advice from specialist family solicitors at a realistic price. You have the peace of mind of knowing that if things go wrong, or become more complicated than expected, then help is at hand.
- All your divorce/civil dissolution documents are drafted by our highly experienced family law solicitors who are all members of Resolution.
- Resolution- formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association-is an organisation of 6,500 family lawyers across England and Wales who believe in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law matters and who campaign for improvements to the family justice system.
- We provide you with a comprehensive guide to divorce to assist you in completing our online questionnaire. If you need help completing the questionnaire your allocated solicitor will assist.
- Email support is offered to you if you need extra help at any stage in the proceedings.
- Template letters are provided for you should you wish to send a copy of the divorce/dissolution proceedings to your spouse prior to issue and template letters to the court are provided when required at the various stages of your divorce.
What’s not included?
- Court fees.
These break down as follows:
Court fee to issue divorce petition/ civil dissolution proceedings- £410
You may be eligible for a fee exemption; we can provide you with guidance in this respect.
Extra court fees that sometimes need to be paid:
If problems arise with serving your divorce papers on your spouse you may need to instruct a court bailiff to serve the papers (£105) or an enquiry agent (£144) or you may need to make an application to the court for deemed service (£45)
If you want to amend the divorce papers once they have been issued there is a further court fee of £90.
We charge a further £90 + VAT to cover the cost of extra work involved if problems with service occur or if the divorce papers need to be redrafted.
- In order to try and keep your divorce costs to a minimum this service does not include us going on the court record or corresponding with your spouse or their legal representatives.
- This service does not include advice in respect of disputes surrounding the children or financial matters. Please see our other family services section if you need help in these areas.
Who is this service suitable for?
- This is an online service so you will need to be able to correspond via email and be able to scan or fax certain documents to us.
- You and your spouse need to be residents of England or Wales and you will need a current address for your spouse/civil partner.
- This service is only suitable for divorces/civil dissolutions that are undefended i.e. not contested. Only a tiny proportion of divorces are defended. In order to reduce the chance of this occurring we recommend sending a copy of the draft divorce petition to your spouse/civil partner before you issue to give them the opportunity to request any reasonable amendments. We will assist you in this respect. Sending a copy of the divorce petition to your spouse prior to issue is not compulsory but is recommended under the Family law Protocol.
- You need to have been married or in a civil partnership for at least 12 months before you can start divorce/civil dissolution proceedings.
How does the service work?
- Upon receipt of payment you are immediately able to download our divorce guide and online questionnaire. You email us your completed questionnaire and copy marriage certificate and our family law solicitors will draft your divorce papers and email them back to you. All you need to do then is sign them and send them to the court with the court fee and cover letter that we will provide.
- You email us all further documentation received from the court and we repeat this process with the rest of the court papers.
- If at any stage you are not sure what to do or if problems arise your allocated solicitor will answer your questions via email.
If you have any queries regarding this service then please contact our family team on 01625 429131 or email email@example.com