Consent Order Drafting Service- From £550 + VAT + court fees

The only way to ensure that your ex-spouse has no further claim against you is to have in place a court order that deals with how the matrimonial assets are to be divided and which dismisses all further claims. This is usually done by preparing and submitting a Consent Order to the court.

Without a court order, even though you and your former spouse may have been divorced for many years, there is still the possibility that at some point in the future your ex-spouse could make a claim against you.

The only circumstances where your former spouse can no longer make a claim against you is if they remarry before they have applied for a financial order. 

Drafting a Consent Order correctly is complex and submitting them to the court is not a rubber stamping exercise. For this reason only our specialist lawyers draft your Consent Order. They have a wealth of experience in this area and can advise you if any aspect of your Consent Order is likely to prove problematic. 

How our service works

The fees involved in drafting a Consent Order do vary depending on the level of assets involved and the complexity of the agreement that you and your spouse have reached. For this reason we operate a two stage service.

For a payment of £40 + VAT you can download the following:

  • Guidance Notes for Consent Orders,
  • Guide on how to complete Form A and Form D81 (the two court forms required for    Consent Orders)
  • Forms A and D81.
  • An example of a Consent Order for illustrative purposes.

If you would like us to provide you with a quote for drafting your Consent Order you email the completed forms A and D81 to us and we will provide you with your quote.

There is no obligation to proceed if you do not wish to once you have the quote. If you do wish to proceed the £40 + VAT is deducted from the amount you pay for the Consent Order. 

This service is only suitable where you and your spouse have reached agreement and are looking for a cost effective way to turn the agreement into a court order. This service is not for you if you and your spouse are not in agreement. 

Pensions are an especially complex area and are outside the scope of this service. We always recommend to our clients that their pensions are properly valued by an independent expert in this area.

If you do need to deal with the division of pensions in your Consent Order then please contact us for a quote.

If you have any further queries about this service then please call us or email us at